General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
Your data, privacy and the Law. How we use your medical records
- This practice handles medical records according to the laws on data protection and confidentiality.
- We share medical records with health professionals who are involved in providing you with care and treatment. This is on a need to know basis and event by event.
- Some of your data is automatically copied to the NHS Shared Care Summary Record.
- We share some of your data with emergency services like A&E.
- Data about you is used to manage national screening campaigns such as Flu, Cervical cytology and Diabetes prevention.
- Data about you, usually un-identified, is used to manage the NHS and make payments.
- We share information when the law requires us to do, for instance when we are inspected or reporting certain illnesses or safeguarding vulnerable people.
- Your data is used to check the quality of care provided by the NHS.
- We may also share medical records for medical research but only with your expressed consent.
View a copy of our Patient Privacy Information Sheet
If you have any questions or issues regarding how we use your data or contact details that we hold on your record then please contact the surgery.